This is a very slim agenda with no by-laws to be reviewed an approved. There are a few surprises but nothing of concern, a bit of real estate buy and sell comes to mind. The key items are listed below.
- b) personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees (Parry Sound DBA Governance, DBA Correspondence)
- c) a proposed or pending acquisition of land for municipal or local board purposes. (Waterfront)
4.1– David Penfold, Pointe Au Baril resident. Request to have the words Parry Sound or Welcome to Parry Sound put on the north end water tower located in McDougall.
4.2 – Jane Jones, Chair, Artists Round the Sound (ARTS). Thank you note to Council for the 2017 grant through the Municipal Assistance Program (MAP).
4.4 – Elliot Sherman, Project and Construction Manager, SYN*MH LTD. Thank you letter for Council’s support of his company’s intention to carry out research, design and construction of the micro-home prototypes.
5.1 – Andrea Gordon and Andrew Parker, (OPSEU) We Own. The costs of privatization vs. the benefits of public services.
5.2 – Ingrid Mueller, Chair and Neil Pirie, Manager, Parry Sound Area Airport Commission. Rehabilitation of runways at the Parry Sound Area Airport Commission.
8.1 – Support for Natural Gas Grant for the Township of Seguin. Resolution. Whereas the Township of Seguin wishes to expand access to natural gas within the Township; and Whereas one of the Strategic Priorities for Council for the Town of Parry Sound is West Parry Sound Area Cooperation; Therefore, Be It Resolved That Council for the Town of Parry Sound supports the Township of Seguin’s resolution, attached as Schedule “A”, for an application to be submitted by a natural gas distributor or supplier to the Government of Ontario, for a grant from the provincial Natural Gas Grant Program to expand the natural gas system to service the Township of Seguin; and Further that a copy of this resolution be forwarded to the Township of Seguin to be included with the application to Ontario’s Natural Gas Grant Program.
Resolutions and Direction to Staff
9.1.1 – 2016 Reserve and Reserve Fund Transfers at Year End. Resolution.
1. That Council approves the transfers to and from Reserves as summarized in Schedule “A”;
2. That Council approves the transfers to and from Reserve Funds as summarized in Schedule “B”;
3. That 2015 and 2016 capital projects which were funded from reserves may be completed in 2017 as previously budgeted, as these projects were previously approved and do not impact the 2017 levy requirements.
9.1.2 – Proposed Provincial Asset Management Planning Regulation. Direction (For Direct Staff Follow-up). That the Director of Finance and POA Court Services send a letter to the Province of Ontario outlining that Council supports the MFOA letter dated July 4, 2017 regarding the proposed regulation EBR 013-0551, and that the proposed requirement for engineering certification should be amended.
9.3.1 – Tender – BOCC Dehumidifier. Resolution. That Council accept the tender from Cimco Refrigeration for the supply and install of one (1) RefPlus DDE-2500 Ice Rink Desiccant Dehumidifier, for a total of $31, 523.61, including HST.
9.3.3 – Consent Application – B 17/2017 (PS) – Halvorson. Resolution. That Consent Application No. B 17/2017 (PS) – Halvorson – Addie Street, be supported subject to the following conditions:
1. Payment for cash-in-lieu of parkland dedication in the amount of $5,354.00
2. An easement be dedicated over the private water/sewer lines in favour of the retained lands.
9.6.1 – Town Property – Parry Sound Drive. Direction. That the Principal Planner be directed to bring a Report & Recommendation to the September 19th Council Meeting regarding the potential sale and redevelopment, and rezoning if necessary, of the Town-owned property identified as a portion of the Parry Sound Drive road allowance to the west of Parts 2-4 of 42R19097 and to the west of Part 1 of 42R19887, being a portion of PIN: 52105 0429 along Parry Sound Drive.